Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal at Avanthills is a safe and effective way to permanently remove hair. We use a Medical Grade Gold Standard Laser.
Laser Hair Removal is the process of absorbing/destroying hair follicles by using pulses (wavelengths) of laser light into the skin.
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
The hair follicle lays deep in the dermis of the skin and requires a precise depth of pulse (wavelength) light to be emitted directly into the hair follicle to destroy its function of hair regrowth.
The secret lies in the technology. Cynosure’s laser hair removal treatments target and destroy the hair cells responsible for hair growth without damaging the surrounding skin. The result is smooth, hair-free skin that lasts.
Avanthills laser hair removal in Broadstone, Poole, Dorset uses a Cynosure medical grade laser which is the gold standard treatment for laser hair removal for all skin types.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal at Avanthills
Are there different types of laser?
There are two different types of treatment for hair removal both use pulses of laser light, A Laser and a IPL (Intense Pulse Light). These two different treatments that give very different and distinct results.
What is the difference between Laser and IPL?
The key difference between the two treatments is that an IPL is a much cheaper less effective technology for reducing body hair, it uses a scattered non-targeted pulse of light with multiple wavelengths only 2 mm under the skin, to try and breakdown hair follicles.
IPL cannot be used safely on dark skin types.
Lasers are far more precise, they emit a single focused and precise wavelength that can reach over 4 mm into the dermis. Therefore optimising maximum follicle absorption which can selectively destroy the hair follicles, while leaving all other surrounding skin untouched. Lasers can also successfully treat all skin types 1 to 6.
How can I tell the difference between an IPL or Laser
One way to tell the difference is by the size of the hand piece and/or the colour of the light. An IPL will usually have a large head with a flat square or oblong glass panel, that omits a white flash of light. Whereas a laser will often have one single probe, omitting a small red light.
The hair removal laser used at Avanthills is a Cynosure Elite Plus, which is a highly versatile aesthetic workstation, which delivers exceptional results for all skin types.
The Cynosure Elite Plus has optimal dual wavelengths; the gold standard 755 nm Alexandrite and the 1064 nm Nd YAG wavelengths. Our laser has the combined wavelengths that enable the correct penetration of laser to destroy the hair follicle for unsurpassed efficacy on all skin types.
Frequently asked Questions
Why Choose Avanthills Aesthetics?
• I am a qualified and registered Advanced Nurse Prescribing Practitioner, (RGN, BSc, MSc) with 15 years’ experience of clinical expertise. Having worked at both Poole and Bournemouth Hospitals at a senior level. I opened my own medical clinic in 2018 specialising in non-surgical facial rejuvenation, and medical grade laser skin treatments. I am an advocate for Patient safety, which is of paramount importance to my clinical practice.
• I utilise the excellent Aesthetic & Laser training I have obtained with renowned experts such as Dr Tapan (Chanel 5’s 10 years younger), Dr Parikh and Prof G Bissett in combination with my clinical medical expertise of facial anatomy and medical knowledge, to assess your features, and facial symmetry to create the most appropriate treatment approach for you and your individual needs and concerns.
• I am known for my patient centred approach and professionalism, creating a perfect clinical partnership. Never a one-size-fits-all, I work holistically, with an innate ability to see exactly what is needed to enhance your natural results, never ‘different’ or ’done’ a, just an enhanced natural looking you, allowing you to face the world with renewed confidence.
• I am a specialist in my field and provide only high quality, evidence-based treatments, using products and equipment purchased from reputable medical pharmaceutical companies.
• Reputation and professional integrity being my core values, which means I don’t offer any time-limited treatment deals, or any other method of enticement. Instead, I believe in ethical clinical practice, meaning you will always be given time to consider your treatment options, and receive full comprehensive aftercare, advice and support.
Avanthills has been accredited with “Excellence Status” from Save Face, a recognised industry and government accredited standard for safe and competent clinical practice, enabling patients to feel safe and secure in the knowledge that you are in expert hands.